Sunday 1 March 2015

Where am I now?

Today I finished my food dehydrator. I look forward to trying it out tonight by drying sweet potato treats for my dog. But that will be in my next post. Right now I'll show you how this finished product came to be in as simple a form as I can, since it was pretty complicated.

I started off with the materials (named in my last post).

The first thing I had to do was cut the holes for the fan and the lightbulb. I had to draw the appropriate size of circle for both and drill a small hole. Then I used a scroll saw blade and cut out the circle. The cutting was the part that took me the most time.


The next step was to fit the fan and lightbulb into the holes and actually get them to work. The lightbulb was easy because you pretty much just match the wires in the wire/plug in, and add and then just plug it in. The fan I had to do the same thing with the wires which wasn't too hard either. 

To secure the fan I used screws and bolts that I made extra holes to stick in. To secure the lightbulb, the holder I got twisted into the container so that was pretty easy.




After I sorted out the lightbulb and the fan all I had to do was drill air holes at the top of the container so air can escape. I used a drill and made about 25 holes on each long side and maybe around 12 along each short side.


After that I used an exacto knife to cut off the extra material stuck on the holes to give it a cleaner look.










No comments:

Post a Comment